Friday, February 26, 2010

Book Review - Through Violet Eyes

I recently finished the book Through Violet Eyes by author Stephen Woodworth.


I picked this book up off the shelf of half-price books and while I do have to say the cover looked interesting what pulled my attention was the recommendation on the cover by Iris Johansen who happens to be a favorite of mine.


I found this a very entertaining read, and a unique concept. I really liked the story presented here, however I felt that the closure of the story was less than what I would of expected. While I felt this read kept my interest I don't really feel 'rushed' to go out and get another book by Mr.Woodworth but maybe if I see something around by him that just happens to be in my direction I would pick it up.



Synopsis -
Natalie, a middle aged woman who was one of the few who were gifted as being a violet. A violet is someone who has the ability to allow a dead soul to communicate through their living body. Because of this rare gift violets were often trained by the government to help them solve murder cases and other crimes because it gave a chance for the victims to speak for themselves. Suddenly violets started disappearing, then bodies were emerging, and they deemed to have a serial killer on the lose and violets were his prey.

No comments:

Post a Comment